Friday, December 18, 2009

I've Been Thinking

So lately I have been thinking long and hard about joining the military for a number of reasons. It has always been a thought in the back of my mind since I left highschool, I almost joined then. Part of me wishes I would of. I've always had the utmost respect for people in the military, always. What they do is amazing! Im back in college and I still dont have a major declared. I dont know what I want to do for the rest of my life. All I know is I want my life to be meaningful. I want to make a difference. I want to help people. I feel like with the path that i am on, I'm not going to achieve that goal.

My boyfriend is in the Army. This has nothing to do with him or anyone else, just me! If anything he inspires me to actually proceed with it. Although he knows none of this, but that is okay. My family will kill me, this I know. But if I can better myself and my future, they won't hate me for long. My friends, they'll kill me too. My friends and family is what keeps me grounded. So leaving them would be hard.

I'm tired of going to work everyday and still being broke every Tuesday come payday. I'm tired of working a dead-end job. And I'm tired of having to pay all my money to bills, all thanks to my fabulous ex-husband (note the sarcasm there). It just feels like my life is on a fast track to no where. I want to travel. I want to see the world. I'll never make it out of Ohio if i keep going like I'm going.

Again, nothing is set in stone. Its just a thought right now. I am only speaking to people, you know weighing my options. But if my family or friends happen to see this, I'll be sure to talk to you guys before I make any drastic choices.

No comments: