Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Missouri Trip Number Two

August 6-8, 2010: On August 6th, I flew into the Lambert-St. Louis Airport to spend the entire weekend with my love. I left Cleveland around 6:30pm and got into Chicago around 7:30pm. I thought for sure I was going to miss my connecting flight to St. Louis and I was freaking out but then I realized the time went back an hour so I had just enough time to get to my next gate. Well I made it right on time to my gate, only to find out our plane is broken and has been delayed. After waiting about 35 minutes they finally let us board and were on our way to St. Louis. I was supposed to land in St. Louis at 9:15 and Josh was picking me up from the airport. I finally landed around 10pm, only to text Josh to tell him I made it, for him to tell me he was not there yet. He said he had started drinking and was about 20 minutes away from the airport. I couldn't be mad because I was actually the late one getting in because he said he didn't leave until I left out of Chicago. Only to see him standing at the end of the exit terminal waiting for me, with open arms of course :) We picked up my luggage and started making our way back to the hotel room.

While were in the car driving to the hotel he tells me about the moment that he had. He went to check into the hotel only for the girl to tell him they couldnt find his reservations, ended up getting a room anyways. He goes up to the room only to realize he drove to the WRONG hotel. I was cracking up. Luckily he used to Army as an excuse and got out of his other reservations at the hotel we were supposed to be at. He then decides to break to me that he is trying to take someone else in his classes spot on a deployment, that is half way through the tour already, and that he would be leaving literally two weeks after he graduates from BOLC. I was NOT a happy person, at all. Luckily though someone else got picked to take the spot. He isn't happy about it, but I am. We make it back to the hotel and go swimming in the pool outisde for a little bit and eventually went and got food.

The next morning we were up way early to go to Six Flags. I was pumped because my trip to Cedar Point with my friends turned out to be horrible. Josh made sure that I actually had fun this time around, he is such a doll baby. As we were waiting in line for a ride called the Superman, a little girl passed out in line and Josh came to the rescue because no one else bothered to do anything. I had a proud girlfriend moment. We rode every rollercoaster except for one and that was only because it was miserably hot and the line was crazy long for the last ride. So we headed over to the waterpark, but ended up not staying because it was packed. We got some lunch, went and checked into a new hotel and took a nap. He took a really long one, while I showered and watched Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. I finally woke him up, and we went and got in the pool for a while. I had already did my hair, so I didn't want it to get wet at all. Well I apparently made some friends, a group of little boys who were between the age of 8 and 10 maybe. They all had the hots for me, which I found amusing. Josh was getting jealous, haha. After swimming, we went back to the room and got ready to go out to dinner. Ended up eating at a legit Mexican Restaurant. I wasn't very impressed with their food. But my margarita was great. After dinner we ended up going to this local bar in town. It was probably one of the best nights ever. They had a band playing a variety of music and they were good too. The environment was so diverse though, you could it was the only decent bar in town. We ended up closing the bar there and went back to the room and crashed out.

Sunday we went and toured the Aneheuser Busch Brewery in St. Louis. Sweetest thing ever, not only was the tour itself free, but they gave you free beer before and after the tour. We got to go through the entire beer making process from start to finish. We even got to witness a baby budlight. Bud has a born on date on each bottle or can, and well that can was born that day (hence, a baby budlight). It was a once in a lifetime thing to see something like that. I throughly enjoyed it. We then made our way back to the airport because I had to leave to come back home. This is not our first time we had said "see you later" to each other, but I still manage to cry everytime I have to leave him or he leaves me. And this time being no different, I of course was crying my eyes out walking into the airport after having to leave him. I hate having to see him walk or drive away from me, but this time I was the one walking away from him, but it didn't make it any easier. Especially with having to go back to reality the next day with work and school.
<>
Apparently the Clysdedale was excited to see me. haha
Baby Busch's :)

Me and Boyfriend before going out <3
The Wagon the Clydesdales pull
Me and the boo outside the building!

No comments: