Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Night...

Our first deployment seems to be dragging on forever and forever. Quite frankly, I am over it. We are down to double digits finally, but I feel like the time is going extremely slow right now. And well, it is summer time. Summer time was always our time, we were always doing something exciting and fun. Like kayaking or zip lining or swimming and bonfires. I hate not having him here, I hate this deployment, I hate Afghanistan. I hate that he has missed so much of his little boys life already. 

We have survived the first 300 or so days just fine. But now I feel like were just dragging along. This is how our conversations go..
Hey babe..how are you?
Im good. how are you?
Good, just tired. Hows Matthew?
He's good...

I swear that has been our conversation for the past month or so, everyday. It is hard trying to keep two separate lives together. His army life and my mommy life just don't merge so well together. I can't wait to have an actual meaningful conversation with him again. I feel like were both just in a rut. We are both over this deployment. We are both ready for him to be home. We are both ready to be a family again!

Let me tell you though, trying to raise a newborn, work part-time, worry and take care of my soldier and worry about everything else life decides to throw at us is not easy. I feel like I have done very well though. With the end nearing soon, looking back I feel like I have done pretty well as a "single" mother. Matthew is amazing, beyond amazing. I love him so much. Long, stressful days suck but coming home and rocking my baby to sleep makes everything else okay.

I'll leave you with some pictures since I have been missing for so long!! I am off to read more Fifty Shades Darker! ;)













1 comment:

Kathryn B said...

Your little guy is so cute! I know what you mean. I swear once you get into the double digits it seems like time stops moving. I swear there have been days where I think time is going backwards. But you are near the end and you are doing a great job! It will be amazing once it is over! Keep your chin up! You're almost there!