Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crazy Start To My Week

I haven't blogged that last couple of days because there was a lot going on and blogging was not my top priority at the moment. On Sunday, Josh and I actually got to spend the whole day together. It was wonderful. We went and did a little shopping & we both filed our taxes. Then I did a little homework and we had a tv night on the couch. It was nice & very well needed.

Monday, I went to class like normal & Josh went to work like normal. I had just walked in the door and I got a phone call from my friend telling me that someone very near & dear to me, his mother had passed away and that the calling hours were that night. My first question was, "Why am I just finding out about this?" and then I started to ask the questions of what happened and where everything what at. No one at the time knew what had happened, but she was such a tough and brave woman. She had battled cancer and BEAT IT!! She was in remission, so her death caught me completely off guard. I was overwhelmed and upset and I didn't know what to do because I had to work that night. Well I ended up calling into work and got someone to switch with me, thank goodness!

Tuesday, we got the snowstorm from hell. Every school in the area & pretty much the state of Ohio was closed down, except Ohio State. Go figure! So I battle it out and went to class, worst mistake everrr. They didn't have anything salted and the ice was a good inch thick. I was so angry, and of course I slipped and fell, but all I could do was laugh at myself. I laughed when I fell and was laughing when I got up. As mad as I was that I was braving that mess, I could still laugh at myself. When I got home from school, I ended up taking a nap ALL afternoon. I only woke up because babe had called me and the phone was right next to my head. When I called him back, he was super excited and said he was on his way home and for me to get up and get dressed. When I asked why, he said he was coming home to pick me up to go back to his shop and pick up his car. He got a work truck from work, so we had to get his car back home somehow.

The drive down to his shop was hysterical. The truck turned out to be stick shift and babe hasn't driven a stick shift in a WHILE!! LOL. I got jerked around a couple times, but all in all he didn't do TOO bad for just driving stick again for an hour or so. And he is way to excited to have a truck finally. The good old Suby will be parked for a while now, lol. That has been my past couple of days. Now I'm off to work for the rest of the weeek, boo!

No comments: