Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ready or Not, Here We Go!

So as you all know, a deployment was always a possibility for boyfriend. At first, it was a high chance he would get deployed and then it became a low chance. Well, news came Friday that he IS going. When he called me I was at home cleaning the house and he was at work. The first words out of his mouth were, "Are you sitting down?" It hit me like a ton of bricks all at once because I was not expecting this, as far as we both knew he had got denied. Well turns out this deployment is now involuntary, which makes no sense because they told him no when he tried to volunteer but yet make him go...

At first he was told approx 2.5 months...now its looking like the end of July. Nothing will really be set until the actual orders come in, because if its one thing I know, nothing is ever certain in the military world. My heart aches though because I feel like we have just got the chance to really live our lives and now he has to leave. I knew what I was signing up for when this relationship started, I knew a deployment would happen, not maybe happen, I knew it would happen, just didn't think it would be so soon. But I promised him I would stand by his side and support him, be his number one fan and that is exactly what I am going to do.

This is where were at right now though, he thinks I should move back home. My family and friends are all back home, which will be my support system through this upcoming deployment. And he doesn't want me to "stray", I say that like that because I know he trust me, at least I hope, but a year is a long time to live alone in a city where you don't know anyone. So I completely understand his reasonings for thinking it is best that I move back home, but is it really the smartest thing to do? Moving back home means, having to transfer schools...yet again, moving my stuff back there, hopefully getting my old job back. There is so much involved with moving back home...but if I stay down here, I'll be living alone, he won't be a part of my day to day life. Which I am used to in a way, because he is gone quite a bit for work as it is. But I will be able to continue my education, which I could do at home, don't get me wrong, but not all of my credits transfered, so what if I do move back home and then come back in a year and all my hardwork doesn't transfer back. Then its basically all for nothing. But then expenses come into play. Boyfriend pays for everything right now, rent, electric, cable/internet & the majority of the food. He is going to continue to pay the rent whether I stay or not because he has to have a place to come back too...but the other bills? If I stay down here, will I have to start paying for those somehow? So there it is...I need feeback, I need opinions, should I stay down here and continue to go to school and work or move back home?

3 comments:

Julie said...

When my fiance left for Afghanistan, we weren't living together. However, he hated the thought the my weekends would be spent by myself without his protection almost. I moved back home. However, I had a job that was easily to transfer. I can't imagine having to move school. That could get tricky. I hope you can figure it out!

Anonymous said...

Hi I am a new follower! In my opinion, I would stay in school. Deployment is going to be hard enough. You need a distraction like school and a new surrounding.

Shana said...

I had the option to move closer to home when my husband deployed... I chose to stay put. There was no reason for me to keep moving plus you have the ability to meet other women in the same situation where you are. military friendships are so wonderful when your love is deployed!

Good luck... and from someone that is 10 months into this and hasn't had R&R yet, the time does fly by.

Shana
tiarasandacus.blogspot.com