Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Let me start out by first saying,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day with whoever they shared today with!

I have been celebrating Christmas since Thursday evening. We started at my father-in-laws house. It was great, we had a very non-traditional dinner, which consisted of lasagna Mmmm, who doesn't love lasagna? It is personally one of my favorites. We got to Skype with hubs aunt & uncle & cousins who live in Texas. Then we opened some presents. Guess what Hubs and I got?? Yep, a garage door opener! I was beyond excited about this. Mainly because here in Ohio we get lot's of snow. It surprisingly hasn't struck yet, but it will soon, always does. But cleaning my car off, especially in the mornings, is one of my most hated things, but then again having to get in and out of the car to open and close the garage door equally irritates me. So what is better than having a garage door opener?? Also, got some candles and gift cards, too.

Friday, was probably my best day around this whole holiday season! I had to work, but I got such a good surprise at work. Hubs had signed me up for a program called the 12 days of Christmas. It is an organization funded by Full Circle Home based out of Rochester, New York. Sgt. 1st Class Fitzwater, not only has family who lives in my area, but he knew my husband from ROTC, so he told them that he needed to personally deliver this package to me. Well with him, he brought our local newspaper. So Saturday morning, I made the front page of the Community section in our newspaper. Here is the link to the article, if you care to read. I have no words for how shocked and surprised I was. Best part about it all, I talked to hubs a little while after they left my work and I was telling him about it, his response, "Oh shit, I forgot I signed up for that!". Haha, gotta love him.

Later that evening, I FINALLY received my actual present that hubs had got for me at his Grandma and Grandpa's house! I had been bugging him non-stop since he told me my present had shipped to his "secret" person who would give it to me. Turns out, that secret person was his step-dad. But I got my video camera, a very good one at all. We had talked about getting one, so that he wouldn't miss too much stuff when the baby came. So I think it is more of a present for the both of us! But either way, I was so excited. I also got lots of other presents from his grandparents that night too..

Saturday, I worked until 2. And then celebrated with my family at my sister's house. It is tradition to celebrate Christmas Eve together. So after spending time with my mom, dad, sisters, and my nieces & nephews, I went to Christmas Eve Mass with my sister and brother-in-law. Sunday morning, I went to my mother-in-laws, opened presents and had breakfast. 

All in all, my Christmas was not as bad as I thought it would be with my husband being deployed. Yeah, it is far from fun and I miss him terribly, but I managed to make it through. We are one holiday closer to seeing each other again!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!

No comments: