Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Hits Close To Home!

This Memorial Day, I will say a few extra prayers. You see not only are we to honor the fallen who have sacrificed so much, we need to honor our current and future leaders. Without them, we would not be living in this great place called America. I have so much respect for the men and woman in uniform. Even before Josh and I dated, I had always admired them and hoped to one day join. Then I met Josh and I couldn not have been more proud to say he was my man. For everything that he had done and is doing. I am so incredibly proud of him, weather he wants me to say that or not. I am proud of every single service member we have. So with that, I want to thank you. I want to thank your Soldier for serving and you for standing by your man.

This weekend, my area lost a soldier of our own. I didn't personally know him, but a lot of my friends did. "U.S. Army Spc. Adam S. Hamilton, 22, of Kent, was killed in Haji Ruf, Afghanistan, after his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device (IED)." His facebook is flooded with farewell messages. He touched the lives of so many, and he loved being a soldier!

Here is the link: http://www.ohio.com/news/122814679.html
And here is a special tribute we are doing on facebook, today: Candle Light Vigil

So be sure to hug your soldier, tell them thank you, express how much you love them.

No comments: