Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

So today is a bittersweet day for me. In a way it is a reminder of everything I have lost, but I am thankful. I am thankful to have TWO little angel babies watching over me today and everyday. My son who was born November 10, 2006 & my little baby B in October 09.

My son was born at 5.5 months. He lived for 3 hours. That was one of the hardest days of my life. But I know I have such an amazing little boy watching over me and smiling down. And little Baby B, we never got to know if it was a boy or girl because I miscarried, but I like to think it was a girl, just because Josh wanted a little boy so bad. I am thankful and blessed to have such two amazing little angels watching over me everyday. And I know when the time is right, I will get to have my own little family and celebrate holidays like today with them.

But, I can't leave a few special people out..

1. My mother. We have our moments, but at the end of the day she is my mother. And I know she loves me. And when I need help she is always there to pick me up and help me, whether she approves or not. She has her own way of being supportive, but I love her no less. She is part of the reason I am as strong as I am today. And I will always love her.
2. My 2 amazing sisters. They keep me sane half of the time. They really are my best friends. And they are amazing mothers to my nieces and nephews. Never thought I would see the day where we would be best friends because we terrorized each other so much when we were little. But I love them & I am so lucky to have them in my life.
3.My best friend. My God-Sister. God, we have been through so much. I have known her since I was like 5. She is the mother to my amazing little god-daughter, Kendra Ann & they are expecting another little baby around Thanksgiving. I am so excited for her and her husband. And I miss my little baby because they live all the way in Oklahoma now, good ol' military.
4. My God-Mother herself. She is such a beautiful person. She has never put up with my shit and she always knows the right thing to say. And her cooking skills are out of this world.

These are just a few of the people who have made such an impact on who I am today. And I just want to wish them and all of you a very Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy today, it is your day!

2 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

I am so sorry to hear about your babies. You are one strong women! Mother's Day is such a hard day for so many people.

Sending you lots and lots of hugs girlie!!!

Semper Wifey said...

I am so sorry for your losses. I know these kinds of hurts run the deepest. God has special plans for you!